The main source of inspiration I used in our movie opening was the movie called, “The Fallout”. If you saw in one of my earlier blogs, I researched this movie in my genre research project. I have watched this movie prior to knowing what our movie was going to be about and it really stuck out to me. There is not a lot of movies having the theme fully surrounding schools shootings and what it can do to those that went through it and their mental health. This movie represents that as well as a how they were feeling and what they did when they went into lockdown for the shooting. I took some inspiration from how the actors executed that scene and what it felt like for them. In our movie opening I want the main character to be frantic and looking for a place to hide, rather then already in a “safe” area. “The Fallout” really helped me understand the tension in schools shootings because I never experienced one myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment